Faith & Hope Temple Church

  • Churches
1800 East Washington St.
Petersburg, VA 23803
(804) 861-3898
(804) 861-3884 (fax)
Hours:
Sun.-10AM
Tues.-7PM

About Us

Faith and Hope Temple Church of God in Christ was founded by Superintendent Randolph N. Johnson. On May 1, 1963, Superintendent Johnson, Mother Lula Brown, and Mother Beatrice Hill purchased the read more
  • About

    Faith and Hope Temple Church of God in Christ was founded by Superintendent Randolph N. Johnson. On May 1, 1963, Superintendent Johnson, Mother Lula Brown, and Mother Beatrice Hill purchased the chapel at 401 South West Street, Petersburg, Virginia, and it became the location for Faith and Hope for the next thirty-one (31) years. The chapel and annex were purchased from the Protestant Episcopal Church in the Diocese of Southern Virginia. Due to financial difficulties, the congregation sold the annex within a few years to Mrs. Alice D. Lanier.
    Faith and Hope had its first worship service in its new location on Sunday, July 28, 2002. The congregation accompanied the Pastor to the new facility with an understanding that they were on a God-given assignment: ''Fill God's house, complete God's house, and minister to the Robert E. Lee Community in such a way that we will impact the entire city.'' As of today, the church family is actively working to fulfill this assignment so that God will be glorified. ''To God be the Glory!''

  • Media